• Home
  • Profile
  • About Me
  • Contact Me
  • Masterlist
  • Goodreads
  • My Reviews
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr
  • Music Diary
  • LJ
  • Pinterest
  • Random Post ❤
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

    My Other Sites

    • Personal Tumblr
      you ever just get the Urge to squish jiyan’s cheeks
      2 years ago
    • Music Diary
      G6 results & New Home
      10 years ago
    • Reviews
      On Hiatus
      11 years ago
    • Livejournal Updates
      『死神くん』
      12 years ago
    • On This Day Archive [OTD]
      September 30th
      2 years ago
    • Tumblr Updates
      yuuyu1964: Arashi
      6 years ago

FINALLY

Posted in: 2026 posts | blog images | Goodreads

I've seen a post about it on Reddit few days ago (& I guess it's officially up now?)...

HALF (& quarter) STARS on Goodreads!!!

The last time I blogged about GR was way back in February about them finally having an official DNF shelf. I mentioned (kind off) a bit about this half-star thing and honestly I wasn't hoping much—since they had no plans on doing it in the past— but then... I guess they had a change of mind. Someone mentioned on r/books that maybe GR finally felt the need because people are leaving GR to move to other reading tracker sites. 

Anyway. I was so, so, SO ready for this!

Look, I have these shelves for books I gave such ratings to.

I didn't expect them to do quarters too but I did have them ready as well. The 4.8 stars rating will have to settle with being 4.75. That's as close as it can be. 


I haven't updated my books ratings yet as of now because I want to blog about it before I forget lol. And I think it's good to let it sit for a few days first for any probable bugs before I go do a massive editing on the ratings.

Edit around 11pm same day: 
  • As expected, at this time, I can't use the desktop version to edit the ratings. But I can do that in the mobile app.
  • As consideration for other people's feeds: Please turn this off in Account Settings > Feeds (of course, you can turn it on back later) 
    Unselect "Add a book to your shelves"

    I usually have all of them selected (and you have the option to not add to the feed if you edit the rating on desktop) but since I'm doing it on the app, I had to turn this option off. This helps to not fill up other people's feeds on GR. At first, I thought it's the last option ("new status") but apparently editing is considered "adding" a book to shelves. Yes, you can delete manually later but I don't really wanna do that when I have over 100 book ratings to be edited...
  • Overall, the whole editing process is pretty fast. I can do it on my phone while I watch something on Youtube. Especially helpful that I already have them tagged/shelved properly for easy editing later. 


Time: 2026-10-07T07:34:00+08:00
Posted by RuYanda
Labels: 2026 posts , blog images , Goodreads


0 comments



Post a Comment

Relevant & constructive comments are welcome! ヽ(*⌒▽⌒*)ノ

Previous Home

My Other Posts...

  • The Waiting Post
    Hey, it's the semi-obligatory waiting-for-maintenance-to-end post lol Books I have an RM50 Popular voucher and wanted to get " Stra...
  • I'm Here!
    Practically had to drag myself to post this lol Well, I'm here! Haven't been posting since *let me check*.. April?!!  Huh. My offici...
  • WuWa Talk: Leftovers
    Just in case explanation(?) is needed. It's "Leftovers" (affectionate). In this blog, this usually have a neutral meaning. I u...
  • WuWa Talk: Leftovers - Part 2
    Part 1 is here. This post is full of spoilers. Thoughts on Story So Far Honestly, it feels like I'm so behind a lot of things so I gues...
  • Extra Post!
    The questions sound fun so I decided to do Saturday 9 today~ Link to questions → Saturday 9: Forever Your Girl (1989) 1) In this song, Pa...
  • A Feb 29th Post
    It's pure coincidence but I love the fact that this post was published at 11.29pm :P This post HAS to be made today  because apparently ...
  • I'm being mean again today
    ■ Mood: Anxiously excited ■ Drink: Iced Instant Coffee I was in the middle of reading Volume 4 of "7th Time Loop" when a thought c...
  • WuWa Talk: A Pre-2.8 Post
    Gahh... forgot to post this before 2.8 is out (today)!  I had this draft from early October so I'll just leave this here XD Super random...
  • Sun(ny)day
    Sunny day. Very, very hot & sunny day. I really like to talk about the weather in Sunday posts, huh.  Also, I don't feel happy in pa...
  • #MinorSpoilers
    In 2013, I posted once in this blog on this same date. "The Tokyo Zodiac Murders", huh.. I want to read that again. Randomly fo...

Fighting for Life

  • About Me
      I'm predictably unpredictable, inconsistent, random & eccentric. Sometimes arrogant and silly. Always curious. Read that again without the snobbish tone.
  • Blog Status

  • Will try to update this blog at least once a week... ( ̄∀ ̄)

    [ List of Posts in 2026 ]

    Updated this blog daily for the whole year in 2021 and 2023.
    (Year 2022's isn't daily but still a lot in a year than my usual in the past)
  • Search

  • Favourite Quotes

    Things Currently in My Mind...

    (last updated: 2024-11-04)
    • All Arashi PVs uploaded on their Youtube channel
    • Wuthering Waves
    • Xiangli Yao
    • Isekai manga/manhwa/web novels
    • Japanese web novels
    • Villainesses that deserve happiness get a happy ending
    • Buying books > Reading books
    • Blog Housekeeping: ① Edit out personal info from old posts ② Organise labels
    • ...

    Personal

    • Bookshelf - A List
    • Credits
    • Currently Reading...
    • Goodreads Bookshelf
    • Guestbook
    • I'm not on Facebook.
    • Labels - explained
    • Reading Jars
    • What is that in ___ post?
    • Wishlist
    • 2026 Reading Challenge

      2026 Reading Challenge
      Ruth has read 0 books toward her goal of 5 books.
      hide
      0 of 5 (0%)
      view books
    • follow.it
    • Follow @RuYanda

    Archives

    Loading...

    Label Cloud

    Followers

  • 「 Fighting For Life 」
    Blogging since February 2005
    RuYanda @ Ruth

    2005–2026



    • Home
    • My Reviews
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
    • LJ

    © Copyright Fighting For Life. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top