• Home
  • Profile
  • About Me
  • Contact Me
  • Masterlist
  • Goodreads
  • My Reviews
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr
  • Music Diary
  • LJ
  • Pinterest
  • Random Post ❤
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

    My Other Sites

    • Personal Tumblr
      you ever just get the Urge to squish jiyan’s cheeks
      2 years ago
    • Music Diary
      G6 results & New Home
      10 years ago
    • Reviews
      On Hiatus
      11 years ago
    • Livejournal Updates
      『死神くん』
      12 years ago
    • On This Day Archive [OTD]
      September 30th
      2 years ago
    • Tumblr Updates
      yuuyu1964: Arashi
      6 years ago

WuWa Talk: Leftovers - Part 2

Posted in: # Wuthering Waves | 2026 posts | blog images | Interest: Games | My Fangirl Side | Need to Get This Out of My Chest

Part 1 is here.

This post is full of spoilers.

Thoughts on Story So Far
Honestly, it feels like I'm so behind a lot of things so I guess I'll just write down what I can recall.

3.3
  • I was honestly worried with how it started... like how would they leave it up to Rover easily??? Who is Rover anyway??? I love her as a main character but I can still play devil's advocate when needed. But that got easily solved with Mr Chase somehow knowing who she was.
  • The first scene Rover getting to Exostrider was so cool. I love every scene with Exostrider really. And when he(?) started talking, I just love him even more.
  • Was pretty neutral towards Hiyuki (her playing style does look fun)... but I fell in love with her sister, Gyokuro instantly. I love her design! Why do I always look at the ones that has left or leaving, WHY??? I've decided to get Hiyuki next time (well, not during the recent rerun because.. I couldn't spare any astrites) just because she's related to Gyokuro. Partially also because I need a Glacio Chafe DPS.
  • I love Denia's segue but I couldn't understand the sadness other players have around it. It seems like I'm a heartless b*tch (which I won't deny because I can be one at times) for not doing what almost everyone is feeling(?). From my experience of reading and watching stories my whole life, it was inevitable that she has to leave that way. If she stays with the others, she will surely die. And I think we've seen enough hints/foreshadowing that she'll return one day (even if one of the ways will be through that annoying Grand Architect). I almost feel like that time with Phrolova. There was a hint that clearly stated that Phrolova's still alive... why would you be surprised/mad that she returned in 2.7???
  • Anyway... I love and hate that horror interlude :P. It made Nivora so annoying for me. 

3.4
  • The collab patch. I did try watching the anime (ep 1) but I never got back to it. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's my kind of anime... (I still might watch it one day) but the reality is.. Yes. I played the whole thing without knowing anything about the anime and game. Interestingly, you can do that and still enjoy the collab story. They gave enough context and spoilers that I can just treat the anime as the prequel if I have to.
  • Oh yeah, I cried. The grief was too real. I don't understand why some people says "How does Cyberpunk even fits into Wuthering Waves world~~~?" It fits just perfectly. It really just shows that you haven't been playing WuWa. And that's fine and all but... that can't stop me from looking at you sceptically. 


  • And there are still plenty of moments I can appreciate Rover


    Third-wheeling lol

  • I love Lucilla's segue. It's nice that they addressed the aftermath of the Exostrider going missing. Also, it's another reminder how "For Science!"-hardcore that place is. 





3.5
  • Super happy to see Xiangli Yao and the others again lol

  • I love the sibling dynamics between Yangyang & Suisui
      
  • It's like being back to early days of 1.x. I love that they lean more into how unpeaceful the real world still is because I really think most players forget that it's a post-apocalyptic world. People are mad that Rover left Aemeath because of work like I'm sorry? If all the soldiers follow their feelings during war surely there will be no more country to protect. Seriously, are you for real? I really hope they keep reminding us that it's not a peaceful era.. I'm guessing we'll get a lot of that in New Federation and I look forward to that!
  • I'm happy that 1.0 haters/naysayers got their wanted(?) redemption(I'm not sure if I use this correctly?) for old times during this patch but honestly I, a 1.0 story lover, couldn't really feel the same. I love the way they handle the characters (their growth and the worldbuilding) but... I have mixed feelings on how they resolve the ending. It honestly feels a bit cringe to somewhat re-use the similar "people are united in this fight" which I just experience two patches ago. Maybe it's too early or something? Or maybe I'm just mixing up two things that are supposed to be different?
  • Also glad to see daily quests that involve characters I know but at what cost?
     
    Love this scene!

3.6
  • I love getting to know Qingxiao! She's almost like Rover's contemporary with how she's an old soul even though surely Rover is older than her lol. I love how she's basically a Rover fan. It feels a bit awkward but I also like that she becomes Rover's master (shifu I think, it's not the kinky thing you're thinking about)

  • Muyu seems like a villain that overstay their welcome but I guess it's a change of flavour from the usual Fractsidus (I mean he did work with them) 
  • Yeah... at what cost indeed. It didn't occur to me at first during 3.5 but I'm kinda sad that they've shorten the segue stories...! It probably means the characters will appear in other ways like through events and daily quests (apparently)... and probably future main stories too buuuut.... I wanted to spend more time with Jingran 😭.. I mean I guess I kinda get what they want to do (there's a Qiuyuan cameo too!). Like spread out their appearances throughout a few stories/arcs maybe but it's still so saddening. 
  • This just makes me "hug" my favourite character more tightly because at least I can see Rover in every patches... (although it's not certain in the future... I feel like there's enough foreshadowing that kinda hints Rover will sacrifice herself for everyone... or maybe she already did and it had something to do with her memory loss. Don't get me wrong, that would be a hell of a story and I don't mind it but I can't imagine the game without Rover...)

Thoughts on upcoming 3.7
I cried watching Hsin's resonator showcase. Opposite to Cartethyia's, I love the showcase more than the cinematic short. Cartethyia's resonator showcase was totally overshadowed by that epic cinematic short. Anyway, I cried because it seems to confirm the few things I had suspicions on since 3.5. Hsin's powers are weakening. Although there are some other confusing stuff put forward in the showcase too. And of course it made me think of if that's what's happening to Rover too... hmmm. (Yes I will always try to find a Rover link to the lore lol) 

Is Hsin dying? It's probably a very big deal if that's going to happen. Can I hope for some lore about Sentinels and Threnodians? Sometimes I feel like Threnodians were Sentinels... like fallen or corrupted Sentinels? Sentinels that have gone mad or insane. The idea that both have to co-exist from 2.x also makes it feel like one is the predecessor of the other... 

Other than that... I'm so, so happy we get to re-play 1.2! FINALLY! Now everyone can experience it! I'm looking forward to replaying 1.2... I need to record everything! 

And the echo-stacking feature is so clever! Now I don't have to worry about farming tuners anymore... I also need to do some exploration to "load" my shader cache back because I've cleared it once and I still get some stutters at places I haven't been to for a long time. 

Time: 2026-09-30T10:14:00+08:00
Posted by RuYanda
Labels: # Wuthering Waves , 2026 posts , blog images , Interest: Games , My Fangirl Side , Need to Get This Out of My Chest


0 comments



Post a Comment

Relevant & constructive comments are welcome! ヽ(*⌒▽⌒*)ノ

Previous Home

My Other Posts...

  • The Waiting Post
    Hey, it's the semi-obligatory waiting-for-maintenance-to-end post lol Books I have an RM50 Popular voucher and wanted to get " Stra...
  • I'm Here!
    Practically had to drag myself to post this lol Well, I'm here! Haven't been posting since *let me check*.. April?!!  Huh. My offici...
  • Book Frenzy
    I started reading books again a few months ago. I don't mean it as I've never read books during my form 6 days - only that, I scarce...
  • A Feb 29th Post
    It's pure coincidence but I love the fact that this post was published at 11.29pm :P This post HAS to be made today  because apparently ...
  • I'm being mean again today
    ■ Mood: Anxiously excited ■ Drink: Iced Instant Coffee I was in the middle of reading Volume 4 of "7th Time Loop" when a thought c...
  • Random-ness #1 : Of Death & Music
    I feel really stupid about myself. My last post was in early January and since then there were no more new ones. I tried and want to find s...
  • Sun(ny)day
    Sunny day. Very, very hot & sunny day. I really like to talk about the weather in Sunday posts, huh.  Also, I don't feel happy in pa...
  • The 3rd Time
    Went to Imago today. It's the third time this year that I got out of the house. The only places I went to were Daiso, Popular & Ma...
  • Extra Post!
    The questions sound fun so I decided to do Saturday 9 today~ Link to questions → Saturday 9: Forever Your Girl (1989) 1) In this song, Pa...
  • WuWa Talk: Aemeath is not here...
    3.1 so far is... WOW. I was expecting the usual stuff, similar to 3.0 main quests, and get some breadcrumbs of Rover lore. Oh gosh how wrong...

Fighting for Life

  • About Me
      I'm predictably unpredictable, inconsistent, random & eccentric. Sometimes arrogant and silly. Always curious. Read that again without the snobbish tone.
  • Blog Status

  • Will try to update this blog at least once a week... ( ̄∀ ̄)

    [ List of Posts in 2026 ]

    Updated this blog daily for the whole year in 2021 and 2023.
    (Year 2022's isn't daily but still a lot in a year than my usual in the past)
  • Search

  • Favourite Quotes

    Things Currently in My Mind...

    (last updated: 2024-11-04)
    • All Arashi PVs uploaded on their Youtube channel
    • Wuthering Waves
    • Xiangli Yao
    • Isekai manga/manhwa/web novels
    • Japanese web novels
    • Villainesses that deserve happiness get a happy ending
    • Buying books > Reading books
    • Blog Housekeeping: ① Edit out personal info from old posts ② Organise labels
    • ...

    Personal

    • Bookshelf - A List
    • Credits
    • Currently Reading...
    • Goodreads Bookshelf
    • Guestbook
    • I'm not on Facebook.
    • Labels - explained
    • Reading Jars
    • What is that in ___ post?
    • Wishlist
    • 2026 Reading Challenge

      2026 Reading Challenge
      Ruth has read 0 books toward her goal of 5 books.
      hide
      0 of 5 (0%)
      view books
    • follow.it
    • Follow @RuYanda

    Archives

    Loading...

    Label Cloud

    Followers

  • 「 Fighting For Life 」
    Blogging since February 2005
    RuYanda @ Ruth

    2005–2026



    • Home
    • My Reviews
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
    • LJ

    © Copyright Fighting For Life. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top